Have you ever wanted to pimp-up your pasta sauce for a quick and easy meal with a wow factor? Well, we can help you with that. Follow this..
November 24, 2020
Penne with Smokey Joe and yellow peppers
1 tbs Olive oil
1/2 yellow pepper, cut in medium sized strips. Cut some extra to add at the last minute before serving.
1 Onion, chopped
2 Smokey Joe sausages, cut open and using the meat
White wine, a dash should do
Worcestershire suace, a dash or two
2 tomates, cut in medium sized cubes
Salt and white pepper,to taste
- In a deep frying pan, heat the olive oil, add the peppers and let cook on a low flame.
- When the peppers start cooking, getting slightly soft, add the choppped onions and leave it on the low flame until slightly caramilised (aprox. 10 mintues).
- In the meantime, cut the sausages open, remove the meat from the casing and give them your desired shape. In my case, I just cut at regular intervals so as to not over knead the dough.
- Add the meat to the frying pan, raise the flame.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and the tomatoes, until the tomatoes start to cook (aprox. 3 minutes).
- Add the wine, lower the flame and let it simmer until it evaporates (aprox. 8 minutes).
- Whilst the frying pan is engaged with the sauce, cook the penne following the instruction on the pack (or from your favourite deli). Before draining the liquid, keep a couple of spoons full to thicken your sauce.
- Mix the penne through your sauce and serve on warmed plates.